If you use Deputy to manage scheduling, time and attendance for your employees, you can now integrate it with Wagepoint to process payroll for your hourly employees with more ease.
Note: your payroll timesheet setting should be set to the decimal format.
Setup Deputy integration
- Click the "Add-ons" link from the drop-down menu next to the avatar icon.
- Select Deputy and click "Get this app."
- Click the “Log in” button. You will be prompted to enter your admin credentials for Deputy in order to authorize Wagepoint to import hours. Note: if you manage multiple clients on Deputy under your admin credentials, you will have the option of selecting the specific client account you want to connect with Wagepoint.
- Once the accounts have been successfully connected, the integration will be enabled.
Approving hours in Deputy
- Deputy has added a second step in the approval process.
- Clients need to approve hours but they also need to approve those hours to be paid.
- The APPROVED TO PAY icon is only visible if the client has employee rates entered. Note: if no rate is entered, the icon is not visible and the import into Wagepoint will not work.
- Here's a helpful link to a tutorial video from Deputy on how to approve time
Importing hours from Deputy into Wagepoint
Click "Import Deputy hours" – this button will be displayed when you are processing payroll for hourly employees.
The total approved hours for the selected pay period will be imported from Deputy for all *employees who have an account in both apps.
Employees with unapproved hours will be highlighted in orange. You can choose to adjust the hours to only pay the approved hours, or login to Deputy and approve any pending time first.
- Regular hours will be displayed as a function of time (hours worked) in the “Hours” column in Wagepoint.
- Overtime (OT) hours will be displayed as a function of time (hours worked) in the “OT Hours” column in Wagepoint.
- Double Overtime will be displayed as a function of money (hours worked x hourly rate x 2) in the “Double Overtime” column in Wagepoint. Note: if this income code has not been set up at the company level in Wagepoint, but has been used in Deputy, this income type will be automatically created through this integration.
- Click “Save/next” after you confirm the hours are accurate.
Setup employee accounts
Employees who have an active account in Deputy but are not setup in Wagepoint will be listed on the page.
Click "Add in Wagepoint" to create an employee record in Wagepoint.
Login to Deputy to setup employees who are not active in Deputy.
Leena @ Wagepoint