Two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, is an extra layer of security that is also known as multi-factor authentication.
In addition to the username and password, a user also has to provide a piece of information, only accessible to them - often called a security token. This makes it harder for unauthorized people to use your account or access your personal data.
Wagepoint uses the Google Authenticator to provide a security token. For more information, please read the help file from Google.
- Navigate to the Two-factor authentication section in the Account Settings > Security tab.
- Click "Enable two-factor authentication." You will be prompted to enter your current password for security reasons.
- Follow the steps in the setup wizard. Note: print the set of Recovery Codes i.e. one-off codes, that can be used in case you can not access your phone.
- Two-factor authentication is enabled for your account.
- Each time you sign into Wagepoint, you will be prompted to enter a 6-digit authentication code that you can find in the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- Navigate to the Two-factor Authentication section in the Account Settings > Security tab.
- Click "Disable two-factor authentication." You will be prompted to enter your current password for security reasons.
- Follow the steps in the setup wizard to disable two-factor authentication for your account.
Unable to access authentication code
Click "I need help with an authentication code" on the authentication page if you lose your phone or cannot access your authentication code for any other reason.
Enter the 16-digit recovery code. Note: each code can only be used once.
No Phone or Recovery Code? Please contact support to verify your identity and disable two-factor authentication on your account.